Friday, December 8, 2017

Child Development Planning Guide


I love writing curriculum, read my profile!  Designing, linking, assessing, and planning are all words that excite me.  The journey for me is like a large puzzle.  Before I design lessons I always have a guide that focuses on the standards I'm aiming for my students to master.  




The guide is driven by state/national standards along with community needs.  The contruction of a guide begins with printing and cutting the standards into strips and laying them out on a large table.  This process allows me to arrange them into "like" learning groups.  These groups then morph into units.  Once I have units with standards I start to look at the topics or major themes within each unit for lesson ideas.  The question I frequently ask myself during this process is what 2 or 3 standards may be grouped together for a lesson or are relevant to each other?  It is from here that my planning guide is created.  A future post will cover more about how I then design student learning objectives, lessons and assessments using the planning guide, follow me to receive updates!

Below is a copy of my Child Development Planning Guide.  Please note that this guide is based on a full years curriculum, if you opt to use this guide for a semester class you will need to modify.  You can purchase lesson's I have designed for this course by clicking the links on the document.  





Click the image to download your copy!

How do you create your planning guides?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete